The Alice Springs Steiner School has a commitment to and values:
- Keeping the child at the heart of all we do
- Educating the evolving child through love and protecting the integrity of childhood
- To maintain transparency in all we do
- Fostering a love of learning and the pursuit of truth.
- Striving toward a collaborative relationship between home and school that supports the child’s development.
- To be accountable and use evidence-based approaches
- A comprehensive curriculum, which develops the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual potential of each child.
- Maintaining a distinct curriculum that reflects the major developmental stages of children
- Fostering respect and care for one another and the environment.
- Striving to overcome racial, sexual and other forms of prejudice, and working positively in the community both socially and in the natural world.
- Meeting teachers’ needs for professional and personal development.
- Making teachers part of a responsible, accountable and collaborative management system.
- To promote sustainability
- To celebrate what makes our approach to education and life unique
- To remain authentic to our beliefs and approach